What Is SEMCOG
SEMCOG, the Southeast Michigan Council of Governments, is the only organization in Southeast Michigan that brings together all of the region’s governments to solve regional challenges.
SEMCOG is creating success in Southeast Michigan by:
- Promoting informed decision making to improve Southeast Michigan and its local governments by providing insightful data analysis;
- Promoting the efficient use of tax dollars for both long-term infrastructure investment and shorter-term governmental efficiency;
- Solving regional issues that go beyond the boundaries of individual local governments
- Delivering direct assistance to member governments in the areas of transportation, environment, and community and economic development; and
- Advocating on behalf of Southeast Michigan in Lansing and Washington.
What SEMCOG does
SEMCOG Member List
SEMCOG Bylaws (PDF, 81KB)
2012-2013 Work Program for SEMCOG (PDF, 2.1MB)
SEMCOG Annual Operating Budget and Work Program Summary for Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2014 (PDF, 880 KB)