City of Novi Reduces Millage Rates
Recent approval of the 2012-13 municipal budget for the City of Novi includes a Millage reduction, one of a few communities in the State to do so. City Manager Clay Pearson’s letter to Novi residents provides additional information. To quote Clay in an email to SEMCOG, “We are trying to make the region stronger and enjoy the tie-ins to the wider community of communities.”
2012 EVIP Grant Award Winners
As indicated in last week’s blog, the June 15th deadline to apply for the second wave of 2012 shared service grants as part of the Economic Vitality Incentive Program (EVIP) is fast approaching. We’ve been working with the following communities that have successfully applied for and were awarded 2012 EVIP grants:
- Dearborn-EVIP Grant - Dearborn was granted $25,000 to fund its Feasibility Study-Tax Administration Services.
- Farmington Hills-EVIP Grant - Farmington Hills was granted $148,250 to fund its Combined Public Safety Dispatch & Jail Project
- Washtenaw County-EVIP Grant - Washtenaw County was granted $177,500 for the Washtenaw Metro Dispatch.
- Waterford Township-EVIP - Waterford Township was granted $567,500 for the Waterford/Pontiac Fire Services Consolidation.
- Grosse Pointe-EVIP Grant - Grosse Pointe was granted $20,000 for the Public Safety Department Consolidation Study and $300,000 for the Grosse Pointe Dispatch Consolidation.
- Pleasant Ridge-EVIP Grant - Pleasant Ridge was granted $132,000 to fund the Pleasant Ridge/Berkley Public Safety Merger.
- Trenton-EVIP Grant - Trenton was granted $239,750 for the Combined Dispatch Center & Prisoner Lockup Facility.
- Westland-EVIP Grant – Westland and surrounding communities was granted $8,750 for the District Court Consolidation.
SEMCOG can provide grant writing training for your staff and has archived webinars on the EVIP process as well. Look for future webinars on the 2013 EVIP process once finalized by the State Treasury. Contact me via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
You must be logged in comment. Log in or Register to comment.